Paleo diet is one of the best forms of dietary habit. It is almost as effective as using synthetic urine when trying to pass a surprise drug test. However, just like when things go wrong upon the misuse of fake urine, not everyone is getting the result they want with Paleo diet, all because of the following reasons:
- Too much intake of nuts – Nuts contain a high amount of fiber, calories, and vitamin E. The problem with this type of food is it is not healthy for people with digestive problems. If you have diarrhea of constipation, then you should limit your intake of nuts.
- Insufficient intake of carbohydrates – Those who engage in Paleo diet avoid taking too much carbohydrates, which resulted to low energy level. Remember that carbohydrates fuel the body, without them your body will not as energize as before. Insufficient level of carbohydrates can lead to problems of the thyroid and adrenal glands.
- Too little salt in the diet – a lot of people have this notion in mind that too much salt in the diet is bad for the health. Well, the truth of the matter is even too little salt can affect your health. Those who follow Paleo diet usually have a low blood pressure (hypotension). Try adding a bit more salt in your diet to prevent hypotension.
- Eating highly processed foods – Paleo diet is all about eating foods in their natural form. In other words, you should avoid highly processed foods including instant noodles, canned goods, nut flours, nut milks, and the likes. However, some people unconsciously eat these types of foods. What’s even worst is that these foods are hyper-palatable. Once you eat them, you crave for them even more. So, might as well completely avoid highly processed foods.
- Avoiding exercise – If your primary reason for engaging in Paleo diet is to lose weight, then you should see to it that you exercise regularly. You don’t have to perform complex exercises. A simple exercise such as 15 to 20 minutes of walking a day is enough to speed up the weight loss process. Exercise and Paleo diet will not only help you lose weight but also helps you live a healthier and fruitful life.
Paleo diet does work as long as you religiously follow the rules and principles of the diet program. Just like any other forms of diet, you have to partner it with exercise and healthy lifestyle because only then you will get the most out of the diet program. Lastly, you should carefully track down your progress. That way, you will know whether the diet works for you or not.